Hosted by GCC CIGRE, The CIGRE International Symposium
2023, will be held in Muscat, Oman
on 6th - 8th March 2023 .
- The symposium focuses on recent researches, developments and policies related to transition to
innovative, sustainable and resilient power systems.
- The symposium pro- vides an opportunity for experts, scholars and engineers to exchange knowledge about
such technical and regulatory aspects during technical sessions.
Oman Convention & Exhibition Centre https://ocec.om/
- Tutorial sessions will be held in the morning on Monday 6th March, and the opening session and the
welcome reception in the afternoon.
- The main symposium sessions will take place on Tuesday 7th and Wednesday 8th March. Multiple sessions
are planned to be held with about several paper presentations in each. Sessions will run in some
- 【PS1】 Driving towards an enhanced system Sustain- ability, and Resiliency with increasing shares of
- 【PS2】 Innovations in Future Power Grids in Energy Storage, Electric Vehicles & Digitalization
- 【PS3】 Development in HVDC Grids and Multi-terminal HVDC.
Papers will be available for downloading from the CIGRE Website
before the Symposium for all registered participants. The papers can be purchased in
electronic format from CIGRE Central Office after the Symposium. The 6
best papers will be published in CIGRE Science & Engineering. A summary report of
the Symposium will be published in ELECTRA after the event.
Details will update soon.
The Technical Organizing Committee is made up of the following Study Committee chairs:
- 【A3】 Transmission and distribution equipment
- 【C6】 Active Distribution Systems and Distributed
Energy Resources (Lead SC)
- 【B2】Overhead lines
- 【B4】 DC systems and Power Electronics (Lead SC)
The Organizing Committee is chaired by
- Ahmed Naser Al- Naser, the chair-person of GCC National Committee.
The Technical Organizing Committee is chaired by
- Christine Schwaegerl, the chair-person of SC C6
- HU Joanne, the chair-person of SC B4
The Local Organizing Committee is chaired by
- Ahmed Al Ebrahim, the GCC Technical Committee Chairman.
Submission of synopses and papers
Participants wishing to present and publish papers should submit synopses (about 500 words) by
following instructions on https://cigre-gcc.org/home/login, where
the synopses and paper can upload. All synopses, papers, and presentations must be in English.
Please note authors should be available to present at the symposium.
Authors should note the following deadlines:
- Submission of synopses: 30th SEPTEMBER 2022
- Notification of acceptance: 20th OCTOBER 2022
- Submission of full paper: 20th DECEMBER 2022
- Notification of final acceptance: 20th JANUARY 2023
- Submission of presentation: 15th FEBRUARY 2023